Indi gives you the power to express yourself
Indi is the world’s first all-in-one, consumer-focused speech tablet created specifically for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). It is ready for you to start communicating right out-of the-box, with no add-ons required. Indi comes pre-installed with SnapTM + Core First®, our revolutionary new software designed for symbol-based communicators.
Indi with Snap + Core First empowers you to instantly take control and accelerate your communication journey.
Indi and the power to be you
|Who is Indi for?||What makes it unique?||Independence and growth|
|Indi is an ideal solution for non-verbal and verbally limited users that can interact with a device using their hands, and/or individuals with more significant physical disabilities that could use a switch or head-mouse. Individuals of all ages with speech and language disabilities, including those with Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual Disabilities, etc., can all benefit from Indi.||Unlike other off-the-shelf tablets, since Indi is your all-in-one communication solution, you don’t have to worry about setting up different components or going to multiple sites for assistance – it’s all right there for you!||Indi helps you achieve independence in no time because of the short time it takes to get the speech tablet, its quick setup, and intuitive software. With Indi, we’ve done the heavy lifting for you and included everything you need so you can focus on communication and growth!|
Empower your communication journey with Snap + Core First
|Snap is designed to be intuitive and easy to get started with so you don’t have to spend hours on choosing the right software, setup, or getting the right content in place – it’s already done for you! At the heart of Snap is the Core First pageset, a research-based Core Word framework to help you continuously build your vocabulary and communication skills. Core First is built on three pillars for communication success: growth, engagement and literacy.|
Expertise and experience you can trust
Indi is the innovative result of a highly experienced team from Tobii Dynavox made up of educators, clinicians, PhDs, engineers, and professionals who are passionate about empowering others to reach their full potential. We work every day to help people communicate and achieve literacy, so they can live richer and more independent lives.
We developed Indi so that individuals who will benefit from a best-in-class AAC solution can get their needs met quickly and at an affordable price.
Indi is designed around your needs
- Built for your world – Indi boasts a sleek, pearl white and modern purpose built design. With the look and feel of an off-the-shelf tablet, Indi was created with the user in mind. Weighing only 1 lb 11 oz, and measuring 10.1”, Indi is light and portable. Because of its ergonomic design and unique curvature, Indi fits comfortably in your hand which allows for continuous, all-day use.
- Adapts to your access method – Many different access methods are compatible with Indi and include switch-scanning, head-mouse, and touch with keyguards, etc. Indi has three connectors – two Micro USB 2.0 connectors and one Micro USB 3.0 connector, and Bluetooth 4.0/BLE that support USB and Bluetooth switches for scanning, but it does not have switch ports. Indi provides multiple modes of access and is truly the device for any type of user.
- Created to be heard – Be heard loud and clear each and every time with Indi thanks to the unmatched speaker quality and clarity that is optimized for speech. No matter the position Indi is in, it’s integrated outward-facing speakers project sound out to whomever you are speaking to. Because of the ideal location of the speakers, at the top of the tablet, you don’t have to worry about them being covered up with your hands or a case. Indi’s exceptionally loud speakers ensure you’ll be heard where ever you are – the grocery store, on the playground, or even at a ball game!
In addition, Indi comes with a wide range of Acapela voices which offer authentic sounding voices for children, teenagers, and adults! Tobii Dynavox now also offers VocaliD BeSpoke™ customized voices.
- Made for everyday interactions – Indi is a complete solution that allows you to communicate, control the environment around you, access thousands of Windows applications, connect socially, and keep in touch with friends and family.
- ECU/IR – Indi comes with built-in Infrared (IR) and gives you the ability to access Environmental Control Units (ECUs), allowing you to control the environment around you. Turn your TV on or off and change the channel or text loved ones, and so much more!
- Windows based platform that you know – Indi runs Windows 10. You are able to access the internet and any other Windows based apps you may already be using or would like to try.
- Stay Social – With Indi, you have access to all your favorite social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You also have the ability to text and email – all from your Indi tablet.
- More Than Just a Communication Device – Indi comes with rear- and forward-facing cameras, the ability to take video, access to games, music, and movies from the internet, and more.
Snap + Core First is a companion for your literacy and learning journey
Learning language, achieving literacy, and becoming an independent communicator is a journey with many stages. Tobii Dynavox Snap™ + Core First® meets each communicator wherever they are on that journey and evolves with them as they grow. It is the designed to be the most intuitive and engaging symbol-based software solution on the market where you don’t have to worry about spending hours on setup or getting the right content in place – it’s already done for you and is easier than ever to customize.
|Start communicating immediately with tools and supports, like Core Words, Quickfires, and Topics, that allow a communicator to create and guide the interaction.||Created to be the best with years of research, feedback, and user testing. In user testing of SLPs and educators, 9 out of 10 tested preferred Snap over competitor apps.|
|Built for Confidence with the easiest navigation, no instructions are necessary and a tool bar is always available with tools to support you as you move around the system.||Designed for easy customization and consistency with a new user interface for easy editing and grid size changes, common functions for dragging and dropping, quicker actions for linking pages, and a new Search tool for finding words quickly.|
|Operating system||Microsoft® Windows 10 Pro|
|Screen||10.1″ (25.65 cm)|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1200 px|
|Touch Panel||Multi point Capacitive Touch|
|Weight||1 lb 11 oz
|Dimensions||9.6 x 6.9 x 1.4 in
(24.4 x 17.6 x 3.5 cm)
|Speakers||2 × 31mm
4 ohm, 3.5 W
|Microphone||1 × Analog Microphone|
|Processor||Intel Atom Z8350 – 4 cores, 2MB cache, 1.92Ghz|
|RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Flash Storage||64 GB eMMC|
|Connectors||2 Micro-B USB 2.0
1 Micro-B USB 3.0
12 VDC Charging port
|Infrared (IR)||Wideband learning infrared remote center|
|Sensors||3-axis gyro, accelerometer, compass, ambient light sensor|
|Buttons||1 × Power On
1 × Volume Up and Volume Down
|WLAN||IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Bluetooth®||Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE|
|Camera||Rear-facing: 5 Megapixels
Front-facing: 2 Megapixels
|Power & Battery||Built-in 29.6 Wh Lithium Ion Battery|
|Battery Run Time||> 8 hrs. normal usage|
|Battery Charge Time||< 4 hrs|
|Windows Language Support||Supports all Windows 10 languages and language packs (download may be required)|
|Core First Language Support||English|
* For users progressing from symbol-based AAC to literate users, ask about Communicator 5 software. Learn more at tobiidynavox.com.